Friday 28 August 2015

Vidal Sassoon Easy Wrap Curling Wand | Review


Hey, today i'm going to share with you my thoughts on this new 'Vidal Sassoon Easy Wrap Curling Wand' I've been using lately.




The wand itself has a 'non slip' texture to the barrel which does work I have to admit. It helps to hold the curl onto the wand when styling because I'm sure you all have the trouble of your hair falling half way down the wand before the heat has even reached the strand of hair you want to curl. But because of this when you release your hair from the wand it creates slightly messier strands of hair towards the top of your head. So this wand doesn't make your hair smooth and sleek but if you like messy curly hair then you will love it.

This is how it looks on my hair:




Kind of messy fishtail/beachy hair which I love.


The only thing I have to say is that as the day goes on the curls kind of go a little frizzy/messier and I'm not a fan. Don't get me wrong some people might like it and I do like messy curly hair myself, just not that type of messiness. So if you love wavy messy beach hair then this curler is for you :)


I also tested this out on my sister as she has fine hair so she finds it very difficult to hold a curl in place.


She loved how it looked and it was on freshly washed hair too. The curls lasted pretty much all day and if you want to you can brush the curls out and they still look really nice. Adding bits of hairspray in places also helps to maintain the curls throughout the day.


Things I like:

-Doesn't take long to curl your hair (10-15 mins)
-Holds your hair all the way along the wand
-Curls last a long time
-Works on both fine & thick hair

Things I don't like:

-There's only one heat setting (can't change heat of wand)
-Makes your hair frizz at the top of your head

I think personally this curling wand works best on fine hair as my sisters hair did not go frizzy/messy, it just looked shiny. Not to say people with my hair type wouldn't like this and it may be just a trial and error thing for me but for now I still think it works a lot better on fine hair. However putting my hair into a messy bun after using this looks really nice and big so it's not all bad.

So for my viewers who have blonde, fine, thin hair and are looking for a good curler then you should give this a try as I think you will love it and it is perfect curler for your hair type. So don't get me wrong and think this is a bad product because it isn't and it works perfectly fine. I'm going to carry on giving this a go so I will update you if I find a better way of using it on my hair.

Let me know what you think and if anyone has ever had my problem before & how to sort it out.



Disclaimer:
* I was kindly sent this by the marketing team at Vidal Sassoon but all thoughts and opinions are my own *




Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Google + | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.